To improve its KPIs and financial efficiency on the way to the growth and development of the chain, White&Dry undertook two crucial projects in collaboration with LEAFIO AI Retail Solutions: the implementation of LEAFIO Inventory Optimization (inventory management and replenishment automation system) and LEAFIO Shelf Efficiency (shelf space optimization and planogram management system).
Unleashing inventory management potential with LEAFIO Inventory Optimization solution
Prior to the inventory management system implementation, “White&Dry” faced an imbalanced inventory in warehouses and stores. The growing company was suffering from an inventory surplus that was hampering growth and freezing funds. The entire replenishment process was decentralized and managed manually. Eventually, the retail chain regularly encountered overstocks in some stores and lost sales in others, as well as improper goods distribution expenses.
Goals of the project
- standardized delivery scheduling;
- improvement of incoming data;
- calculation of optimal target stock balances;
- automatic order generation;
- 30% improved inventory turnover.
The implementation process
The LEAFIO team kicked off a thorough business processes analysis and the replenishment team was allocated as part of the inventory management system implementation in the beverage chain. Prior to the system launch, the LEAFIO implementation team conducted a series of training sessions for the client’s employees. LEAFIO used algorithms to analyze the entire history of sales data and the system calculated the optimal target stock levels for each SKU at each location in the supply chain. The solution was scaled to the entire chain.
The fruitful work between the client’s and LEAFIO’s team resulted in the following:
- inventory turnover decreased by 36% (from 87 to 64 days);
- lost sales reduced by 5%;
- 56% sales growth;
- fully automated order generation process;
- access to the tools for effective inventory management.
Marina Makarchuk, the Project Manager, emphasizes the team's involvement:
From the very first meeting and throughout our collaboration, the professionalism, interest and involvement of the client's project team were best reflected in our implementation process. The necessary information was always provided on time and in a complete manner, the tasks were solved promptly and responsibly, and relationships were built on trust and mutual work results. The positive shift is evident: all orders are created automatically, KPIs are constantly improving and more stores are connected to the inventory management system.
LEAFIO Shelf Efficiency: sales Increase with unified merchandising management
The company was in a position to initiate the implementation of a space optimization solution as a means to increase the profitability and efficiency of operations during the important growth phase of the business.
LEAFIO AI retail solution was voted Most Competitive Vendor, along with best-in-class bulk planogram update capabilities, planogram optimization, and performance monitoring with extensive reports.
Goals of the project
- Centralize and unify the administration of the macro space;
- Introduce mass planogram management and updates;
- Align the planogram management process between headquarters and points of sale.
The implementation process
The initial stage consisted of training. in uploading the planograms and shop on the platform. The team took You will learn steps to create formatted planograms by auto-filling and auto-placement, and in part by importing available layout data.
The company was an early adopter of end-to-end planogram and assortment management tools, which feature seamlessly connected web and mobile interfaces for effective communication between headquarters and stores
The company has implemented not just an IT solution, but an entire merchandising business process with unified information on retail facilities, equipment, and shelf space. ;ace. Massive planograms were created throughout the retail chain, resulting in the optimization of micro space. The following diagram (Image 1) shows the comparison of sales for 2 months before and after the implementation of LEAFIO Planogram Optimization.
All indicators in the main categories showed substantial growth.
Shops receive and perform tasks in a single system through the mobile application:
- Remote management of distribution in stores. The screenshot below (Image 2) illustrates the planogram created in the LEAFIO Planogram Optimization solution;
- Now stores receive tasks related to planogram changes directly on their mobile devices;
- Reduction of the generation time of the planogram. The planogram contains photos of the products, an exchange table and information for each item;
- Resolved issue of price tags updating by barcode scanner showing price after smartphone camera scan;
- Deadlines for setting, completing, and deviating tasks are set
These success stories emphasize the importance of automation, data-driven decision-making, and the pursuit of retail excellence. The retailer will achieve even better results with the support of the Customer Success LEAFIO team, which will not only constantly introduce the system updates but also help overcome unforeseen challenges. The partnership between White & Dry and LEAFIO AI exemplifies the potential for success and growth through innovation in the dynamic world of retail.